Date: 7/30/17 4:54 pm
From: 'Jorgensen, Joel' <Joel.Jorgensen...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: RE: [NEBirds] Keith County Snowy Plovers/Cassin’s Sparrows Question
Sam:

I believe, based on information from Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District's monitoring efforts of Piping and Snowy plovers and Least Terns, that Snowy Plovers have not been present at Lake McConaughy this summer. Lake McConaughy lake levels have been up this year which means there has been limited amounts of sandy shoreline present. Snowy Plovers are most often present during years when the lake is a bit lower and there is more exposed sand.

-Joel

Joel Jorgensen | Nongame Bird Program Manager
Nebraska Game and Parks Commission
2200 N. 33rd 68503 | 402.471.5440
<joel.jorgensen...><mailto:<joel.jorgensen...>