Date: 7/30/17 1:06 pm
From: <BFisher928...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Buffies on Sunday Wheeler Rd no - Kaneville yes
Karen and I, and a couple other birders, looked in vain for the Buff
-breasted Sandpipers that were spotted at the Wheeler Rd sod farm in Kendall
County yesterday. The time was mid to late morning.
From there we headed to the Kaneville sod farm complex and spotted 2
Buffies at the same location as described by Dan W in his Sunday AM post, south
of Main St and E of the old grain elevator complex. We were able to park in
the shade of an old oak tree, and found them after a short scope search at
approx. 11:45 AM.
There may have been a 3rd more distant Buffie, but the heat waves made it
impossible to be certain.
Thanks Dan for your post! And just a thought for the ebirders on this list.
Many of us do not get the real time updates, so a copy of your on the spot
eBird report posted to IBET aka ilbirds is always welcome and helpful.
Regards
Bob Fisher
Downers Grove
DuPage County