Date: 7/30/17 8:40 am
From: Chris Mccreedy <cristofolos...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SWAZ/ Shorebirding in Yuma and La Paz Counties
I started yesterday in Yuma, and found Matt Victoria and Henry Detwiler on
many shorebirds west of the north end of Avenue 3E. Matt had found a
Short-billed Dowitcher, and other notable shorebirds included two
Semipalmated Sandpipers, a Snowy Plover, at least seven or eight
Semipalmated Plovers. A Peregrine and tractors ruckused up the shorbs just
as I arrived, but luckily most eventually returned

Henry struck out at Cocopah, Matt had minimal luck at Dome Valley, and
Martinez was empty for me, so I drove up to the Vicksburg Farm ponds east
of Quartzsite. There was a Stilt Sandpiper at one of the ponds, it seems to
be a good year for them.

Next I stopped at Alamo Lake. The water is still pretty high. It was my
first time there, and I found it incredible. There is so much possibility
if one had a kayak. I managed to find Neotropical Cormorants in both La Paz
and Mohave Counties, an American White Pelican on the Mohave side, and a
Tropical Kingbird calling in one of the flooded willow bays on the La Paz
side.

I next tried for the farms around Salome but was stormed out, for a
beautiful ride home.

McCreedy
Tucson