Date: 7/30/17 8:44 am
From: Scott Richardson <scott.xot...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Maine Birding Trail / Aroostook update
Last weekend I finally made my first jaunt ever to Aroostook County.
Birding was just one of my goals and I used the Maine Birding Trail
"abbreviated" guide (and a history of reading maine-birds) to target Lake
Josephine and Christina Reservoir. Time constraints allowed me to visit
only one of these hot spots, but it was great to see a place I'd only read
about for years (thanks to Bill, Craig, and others).

This post is simply to say NO PASS IS NEEDED to visit these sites for
birding. Being the cautious sort, I stopped at McCain Foods gate first and
asked about a pass. The gatekeeper had no idea what I was talking about,
made a few calls, and finally sent me off to another building to talk to
Jeff. He said they stopped giving passes in the mid 2000s, as directed by
the corporate office (unnecessary paperwork). He said with a smile
"anywhere up there, have at it."

This may be common knowledge for regulars and more recent guides may have
the latest info, but if this post saves anybody else a half hour it'll be
worth it.

Scott Richardson