Date: 7/30/17 8:36 am
From: Jeff Timmons <jeffreytimmons...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Black-necked Stilts - Anderson - 7/30/17 - Last Update
I looked for the stilts yesterday and could not find them. I went back this
morning and they were in the same spot on the south side of the road. All
the young birds were standing together and feeding. You can see from the
pictures in the eBird report that these birds are almost full grown.
Interesting contrast to the post by Ed Hopkins with the very small young
birds. They like to hide in all of the tall vegetation so it could take a
lot of patience or a couple of trips. Easiest way to find location is by
clicking map on the eBird report but it is just north of Anderson.

Jeff Timmons

Anderson, IN

Join us on Facebook!