Date: 7/29/17 4:13 pm
From: Joel and Sandy Wilcox-Fairbanks <joelandsandy...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Cherryfield Semi Sandpipers
This evening there are, conservatively, 400-500 of these birds on rocks in
the Narraguagus River in Cherryfield, just downstream from the upper bridge
(by the Mathews Store). Concentrated on just a few rocks, they look very
striking. About 99% juveniles, with just a few adults in breeding plumage.
Most of them were sleeping. While I was watching a single Semi Plover flew
in--did my best to turn it into a Common Ringed Plover, but no luck :-)