Date: 7/29/17 3:06 pm
From: Rich MacDonald <rich...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] some MDI birds
As we were wrapping up today¹s birding tour at Acadia National Park¹s Sieur
de Monts Spring, we were pleasantly surprised to have a juvenile Virginia
Rail walk across the path in front of us! I do occasionally hear them there,
but I have only ever seen one once at this locale.

Other highlights of the day:
* A lone Bonaparte¹s Gull with its full black hood stood out among the
countless Ring-billed Gulls at Thompson Island
* A very cooperative Belted Kingfisher followed us while kayaking along the
shore near Bartlett¹s Landing
* A pair of Red Crossbill made a brief fly-over at MDI High School

Richard MacDonald
The Natural History Center
P.O. Box 6
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609