Date: 7/29/17 12:56 pm
From: 'Lanny and Robin' <snowbunting...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Yoo Hoo bird
Nebraska birders,

Thanks Joe, but that's not what it sounded like. If a grouse were to
try to imitate a Black-capped Chickadee's
two note whistle, That would be it.

Robin

From: "Walker, TJ" <thomas.walker...>
To: "<snowbunting...>" <snowbunting...>
Subject: Re: More on McCook birds
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 04:34:39 +0000

Think I got it, search "Sharp-tailed Grouse sounds" on google.

Scroll down to find Xeno-Canto and click on that link.

You will see a list of recordings, look in the description column for
one that says call, juvenile.

At the far left side of that entry, click on the little triangle and
listen closely.

T. J.

Sent from my iPhone

<snowbunting...> wrote:

> T. J.
>
> The yoo hoo bird looked like a Sharp-tailed Grouse. Now
> I wish we would have harassed it to make it fly. I've read
> that Sharp-tails are not common in that part of the state.
> Did you see many when you worked out there? I'm wondering
> if it was a hen calling to her young of the year. I may
> need to learn how to use an iPhone just to record such
> encounters.
>
> Robin

Posted by: "Lanny and Robin" <snowbunting...>

Join us on Facebook!