Date: 7/29/17 6:54 am
From: Conor Scotland <scotland.conor...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Additional Area K Bird
During my visit to Area K yesterday evening, one sandpiper stood out as
being larger and "longer" looking than the other peeps in the area. The
bird was over towards the northwest part of the viewable section of Area K,
just in front of the congregation of Egrets. After examining several
terribly distant photos and getting some other feedback, I think it might
be good for a Baird's Sandpiper.

Photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/raks3JGEQboaHUhc2

The primaries seem to extend quite a bit, and it also appears to have a
more "oval" or flat body shape.

Again, my looks were brief and distant so I could certainly be wrong. I
would love to hear any feedback or contradiction on this one, or general ID
tips for Baird's.

Conor Scotland
Santa Barbara

Join us on Facebook!