Date: 7/28/17 7:33 pm
From: Justin Rink <spindalis79...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] A Hummer Bummer (No recent sightings)

  It came to my attention at the beginning of the month that an adult male BLACK-CHINNED HUMMINGBIRD was attending the feeder of a private residence south of Blair (Washington Co.).  I was forwarded the info via Clem Klapake.  Unfortunately, like the Sarpy Co. Brown Booby of July 2014 no birders were able to view it.  Apparently this western counterpart of our familiar Archilochus was observed by the homeowner for about a month. Fortunately a cell phone photo was obtained of this bird.
  At the beginning of the July, Clem and I were determined to twitch this Washington Co. first.  However upon communicating with the property owner, the bird had not been seen for a couple days.  This hummer has apparently not been viewed since.
Good birding.
Justin RinkMidtown Omaha, Douglas Co., <NEspindalis79...>

Join us on Facebook!