Date: 7/28/17 12:58 pm
From: John Kendall <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Kosciusko Co. shorebirds
With all the flooded fields, I finally stumbled on a few shorebirds at a new (to me at least) wet mud and grass area off the west side of County Farm Rd. Just north of SR 14. This is just east of Silver Lake. There is a small shoulder area just big enough to pull one car off the road.
What I like is how large (15+ acres) and flat this site is with both packed mud and very short grass in the wetter center. If it stays wet into August, it could become a "grasspiper" spot w/Golden-plovers and Buffies.

Semipalmated Plover-2
Killdeer-94
Least Sandpiper-2
Pectoral Sandpiper-3
Semipalmated Sandpiper -1
900 S/400 E remains as a lake but a good site if and when the rains stop.

John Kendall
Warsaw

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!