Date: 7/27/17 10:58 pm
From: <peterschneekloth...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Yet more shorebirds including Wandering Tattler - Isla Vista to Coal Oil Point
After work I took the stairs at the west end of Del Playa in IV and walked west on the beach almost to the point. A good number of birds present including a single Wandering Tattler, a Wilson's Phalarope and 3 Black Turnstone. Others included some Sanderlings still showing a fair amount of breeding colors, Western and Least Sandpipers, Black-bellied Plover, perhaps 20 or more Semi-palmated plover, Killdeer and a few Whimbrel.

At the top of the bluffs there were good numbers of Hummingbirds, Orioles and Starlings being attracted to some flowering Agave (not a plant guy so I assume they are Agave of some variety).

Peter Schneekloth
Buellton

Join us on Facebook!