Date: 7/27/17 7:39 pm
From: john kendall <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Michigan City Lake watch Avocet, shorebirds, terns & Pierce Rd. shorebirds
I did a half-day lake watch and had an Avocet, shorebirds and Common and Forster's Terns.  I also ran into Bob Huguenard later at Pierce Rd., where I added 4 Solitary Sandpipers, 10 Semipalmated Plovers, the continuing SB Dowitcher, Least SP's, 4 Semipalmated Sandpipers and 2 Lesser Yellowlegs.

Michigan City -8:15 am-12:15 pm:

American Avocet-1 on beach and fly-by later
Spotted Sandpiper-3
Ruddy Turnstone-7 including one photographed with fishing line coming out of it's bill-must have swallowed a hook.
Sanderling-15
Semipalmated Plover-2
Least Sandpiper-9 including a fly-by flock of 7 when wind shifted to NE
Common Tern-4
Forster's Tern-8
Killdeer-1

John Kendall