Date: 7/27/17 5:24 pm
From: <sffaulkner...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] monarch butterflies
I wanted to encourage birders to raise the monarch caterpillars inside, if you're able. The caterpillars are predated rather heavily and we can help the populations by raising them indoors and releasing them once they emerge from their crysali. I've done this many time successfully. Depending on temperature, it can take anywhere from a week to two weeks if you bring in the leaves with eggs, giving fresh asclepias leaves daily and being careful not to discard the tiny caterpillars. And fun to watch them grow!

Sarah Faulkner
Collinsville, CT