Date: 7/27/17 4:07 pm
From: Lee Guichan <guichan.lee...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] PA AU; continues Land's End, S.F.
Hello,
This morning at 8:35 am the Parakeet Auklet continued; it was on Hermit
Rock sat in the center crevice poking its head into the crevice where
Pigeon Gillemots roost.

Curtis M. had seen it from above at the second look out where it has been
seen by others. Mark Lin saw Curtis on the beach headed towards Hermit
Rock; Mark & I followed later joined by Bruce B. & Jim. Parakeet Auklet was
10 feet above us on Hermit Rock, we had great close views of it. Thanks to
Curtis who spotted him & had PA AU in his scope.

PA AU sat at the center crevice for 6 min. until it was mobbed by a Pigeon
Guillemot; it flew east toward the labyrinth. It returned about 30 min.
later to Hermit Rock much lower, siting on the lower left side of the rock
for 2 min. then it flew west where we lost sight of it.

Thank you to Rudy Wallen, who found the PA AU on July 16th.

Lee Guichan
San Francisco

For location :
Date: 7/25/17 6:40 pm
From: Alan Hopkins <alanhopkins...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] Mile Rock beach markers PAAU This may help too:
http://www.parksconservancy.org/assets/visit-your-parks/park-sites/pdfs/image_1_2657.pdf
Alan Hopkins

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:33 PM, "Rudy Wallen <arelist12...> [SFBirds]"
<SFBirds-noreply...> wrote:

Hey Folks,

took a second to label a map, maybe this will help with references.
https://flic.kr/p/X6S3o2

cheers,

Rudyard Wallen

Join us on Facebook!