Date: 7/27/17 11:44 am
From: Rodger Rang <rrang...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Eagle Marsh BEVI-- July 27, 2017
After a lengthy appointment, I made a couple of stops in the Eagle Marsh area before going home (12:45-13:30).  I drove down the lane and lucked into a BELL'S VIREO, singing from the thickets at the start of Trail 8 off the bend of the drive just northeast of the barn.  It sang numerous times but grew fainter with each song as it melted away eastward.  Prior to today, I wasn't aware of anyone tallying this species on the property for this year.
Best birds otherwise on the drive were one Green Heron (but still no night-herons), one Willow Flycatcher, most of the swallows including Purple Martins which are starting their typical summer gatherings here, five Marsh Wrens (but still no Sedge), and a singing Yellow Warbler, which are getting harder to come by.
The only shorebird of interest at nearby Serv-All Ponds was a single Solitary Sandpiper, working the mud near the dead willows at the back of the western-most pond.
Rodger RangFort Wayne

Join us on Facebook!