Date: 7/27/17 9:42 am
From: Harry & Phyllis Salyards <hpsalyar...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Re: bird news at central residential Hastings, Adams Co.
Good morning for all (people and birds) with the break in the heat. Heard a Carolina wren again after 6 week plus absence, Had a gold finch at the feeder after a months absence. Our white winged dove has been here off and on since spring. It perched on the hummingbird feeder, of all things ,this morning. I think there are a pair. We have three species of doves in our yard with the addition of the white winged pair.
Had a female Baltimore oriole at our bird fountain on one of the very hot days. Her beak was open, feathers mussed. She perched nearby but never drank or bathed. Iím thinking that the water was too hot for her. The next day with cooling she was able to partake. I tested the water with my finger and it was quite hot to the touch that first day.
Want to add that the last week in June we went to Glacier National Park.. Had kind of planned my target birds ahead of time. It turned out perfectly. Monday, Lazuli bunting singing atop a tree as we drove into Many Glacier drive. Tuesday, a western tanager at the end of Two Medicine Lake while on the park boat on the lake, and finally, a gray crowned rosy finch on the ground as snow edge behind warming house at Logan Pass, among the glacier lilies. Perfection!!!!! Have tried to see a rosy finch for twenty years when in Colorado but never succeeded. The Road to the Sun was late opening this year and was still closed when we arrived but opened the second day after we arrived. Feel VERY fortunate it all worked out perfectly.

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)