Date: 7/26/17 3:05 pm
From: Houston Flores <houstonflores...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Solitary Sandpiper - "Redmond Retention Ponds" Perrigo Park - King County 7/26/17
Hey Tweets,

I saw what I'm pretty confident was an adult SOLITARY SANDPIPER this afternoon at the retention ponds north of Perrigo Park in Redmond. I didn't have my good binoculars, but it was pretty close in and it looked like a solid SOSA to me. I was expecting to see some of the recently reported yellowlegs, but this was smaller (similar sized to a nearby Killdeer), darker, smaller billed and had a conspicuous eye ring. It was on the southern shoreline of the main pond, just north of NE 95th St. Anyway, just thought I'd give a heads up to local birders.

Good Migrations,

Houston Flores

Seattle, WA

houstonflores AT hotmail.com