Date: 7/26/17 11:16 am
From: Rob Woodward <toucanrob...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: Brown Pelican - over San Pedro House

While conducting my "weekly" bird survey at San Pedro House, Sierra Vista, I watched a BROWN PELICAN flying high overhead southbound.  This would have been around 8:00 am so obviously a different bird from the one in Amado.
eBird only shows 3 other records for the Upper San Pedro Valley: 1 in St David in 2012 and 2 from Benson in 2007 and 2009.  In the Annotated Checklist of the Birds of the Upper Sand Pedro River Valley, Krueper, there are 6 records of 7 birds going back to 1972, almost all in summer.
Also:
Western Kingbird - 12.  Normally we only see 2 at most here, so fall migration must be starting.
Western Tanager - 1, my first for the fall here.
Rufous-winged Sparrow - 1, closer to the river, not up by del Valle Road.

Rob Woodward
Sierra Vista, AZ