Date: 7/26/17 9:53 am
From: Kathy Van Der Aue via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Shorebird Puddles
Well, I thought it was clear who the answer was from. Susan Whalen is the
Deputy Commissioner of DEEP, in charge of the Bureau of Natural Resources
(including the Wildlife Division) and Outdoor Recreation (which includes
Parks). She is Director of State Parks Tom Tyler's superior.

In fact Deputy Commissioner Whalen has contacted me and offered a meeting
with appropriate DEEP staff to try and work out a solution to this
problem. The COA Board will work out who should attend this meeting. If
anyone on this list is interested, please let me or Steve Broker know.
What we need are knowledgeable birders, familiar with the areas in
question, who can keep their heads about them.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut