Date: 7/25/17 8:26 pm
From: Alan Hopkins <alanhopkins...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Red Knots Ocean Beach
This afternoon there were either 2 or 4 Red Knots in with the other shorebirds near Pecheco St. I walked from Pecheco north to about Kirkham St. I saw two Knots twice, they were easly flushed by dogs and runners so I am not sure if they were the same birds. There were also 300+ Whimbrels, 70 Marbled Godwits, 60 Sanderling s, 11 Snowy Plovers, 1 Black-bellied Plover and 1 Long-billed Curlew. Also 1 Osprey, 320 Heermann's Gulls (8 juv's) 180 Elegant Terns, 5 Caspian Terns, 50 Western Gulls and 12 California Gulls. Offshore there were maybe 2000 Brandt's Cormorants and some nice feeding flocks happening but the light was bad so I didn't check too closley for other birds.
Alan

Join us on Facebook!