Date: 7/25/17 3:34 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] unusual Common Loon at Redmond Sewer Ponds
Jeff Nordstrom found an odd (to me anyway) patterned Common Loon on the
Redmond Sewer Ponds NW of Redmond today. First, it is rare to see this
species in Central Oregon in July (only 4 records away from Wickiup
Reservoir). Second, the bird was very pale compared to others I've
observed. Head shape and bill shape settled the ID for me but the
plumage didn't help much. You can see heavily cropped photos at
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38320402.

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
541-280-4957