Date: 7/25/17 2:32 pm
From: 'darrell shambaugh' <d.shambaugh...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET: DeKalb County shorebirds
There is a flooded field on Maplewood Road about a mile south of Chicago
Road that has had some shorebirds this week. Species seen there are Lesser
Yellowlegs, Greater Yellowlegs, Pectoral Sandpiper, Spotted Sandpiper,
Solitary Sandpiper, and Killdeer. The birds are moving in and out of the
rows of beans, so there may be some other birds hidden in the field. This
morning there were about 30 to 40 there this morning.

The Dickcissel in the tree along Maplewood Road at the Upland Sandpiper
field is still singing, although I haven't heard the Upland Sandpipers since
last week.

The fields at Burma and Sanderson Roads are flooded, but no sandpipers were
close enough to the road to see. A Western Meadowlark was singing there
yesterday evening.

The flooded field between Mendota and Earlville on N. 46th road is now a
lake that goes across the road. I heard a lesser Yellowlegs, but nothing
else was there. This filed is on N 46th Road between E 9th and E 10th. N
46th is the second road north of Route 34.

Darrell Shambaugh

Somonauk, DeKalb County

Join us on Facebook!