Date: 7/25/17 8:13 am
Subject: Re: Some birds at Sunset Beach NC
My photos show that there are four different first summer Lessers here.  I'll get some photos up later on the Carolina Birds website.  I think there is also a second summer Lesser, but I've not gotten close to it.  I've seen no adults.  Maybe these are birds that wintered here last winter and have stayed around?

I've seen only two Herring Gulls.  What an incredible difference from twenty+ years ago!

Bob LewisSleepy Hollow NY

On Monday, July 24, 2017, 8:26:08 PM EDT, Robert Lewis <carolinabirds...> wrote:

Yesterday and today at the east end of Sunset Beach, NC:
- at least two immature Lesser Black-backeds, at least one of which is in first summer plumage.
- one juvenile Reddish Egret, photo posted to the CBC website.
- severa l Wilson's Plovers, photo posted to the CBC website of adult and chick.
Bob LewisSleepy Hollow NY

Join us on Facebook!