Date: 7/25/17 12:30 am
From: <mike.carozza...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Flicker Breeding Behavior in Harding Park
Apologies for late post... about 2 wks ago, I was golfing on Fleming Golf Course in Harding Park when I saw two NORTHER FLICKERS on a snag, one feeding the other while the other flitted its wings. I'm used to seeing young birds do that when begging for food. Could this have been a recently fledged bird?

Separately today, I saw a pair of adult PIED-BILLED GREBES with 4 juveniles. Almost fully grown but still with zebra stripes while both parents pulled up 2 bright red crawfish simultaneously. Impressive to see 4 healthy young birds on such a small patch!

-MC

Join us on Facebook!