Date: 7/24/17 11:33 am
From: <georger244...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] East Beach/Bird Refuge Santa Barbara 7/24/17
Hi everybody:

Finally! Some shorebird diversity along East Beach and at the Bird Refuge. This morning along East Beach--Whimbrel (8), Long-billed Curlew (10), Marbled Godwit (4). I did nor find any Snowy Plovers although in the last several years they have appeared by now. Also 9 Am. Oystercatchers, 2 Say's Phoebes and the first juvenile California Gulls (2) I've seen this season. And 2 Ring-billed Gulls (1 adult, 1 second cycle). I have probably looked at well over 100 Heerman's Gulls on East Beach in the last couple of weeks and so I've seen no juveniles, which seems odd because they are being reported at various locations north and south of Santa Barbara.

At the Bird Refuge were a couple of Spotted Sandpipers and 3 Western Sandpipers . Earlier in the week there were several Least Sandpipers (adults) and an adult Long-billed Dowitcher there. Dragonfly migration is definitely on!

Bird on...George (Roland), Montecito, Ca.

------------------------------------
Posted by: <georger244...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional