Date: 7/24/17 10:22 am
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] lane, lincoln coast
Tye Jeske and I made a short trip to the windy coast yesterday. Highlights:

good shorebird flock at crab dock flats, Florence:

225 Western
75 Least
0 Semi
31 Semi Plover
11 BB Plover
3 LB Dow

The Siuslaw channel had one Rhino and at least two very scruff GW Gulls mixed in with the Cals and Westerns.

A few Least at Eckman slough, Alsea Bay included two bright imms, my first of the fall. They sure stand out in unstinted glory compared to the adults.

Off Yachats was a flock of about 225 Surf and 75 White-winged Scoters. That seems like a lot of WW for July; some of them were so worn they looked pale brown, pretty good fake eiders at a distance.

Very small numbers of Heermann's Gulls here and there.

Tye can add anything I forgot.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>