Date: 7/24/17 9:24 am
From: Peter Scott <Peter.Scott...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Chinook mine, Sedge Wren
At least one Sedge Wren has arrived to set up late summer territory in usual area.

Chinook Mine Northeast (Clay Co.), Clay, Indiana, US
Jul 24, 2017 11:15 AM - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments: Checked along CR550W for Sedge Wrens. Temp 78 F, clear, north wind 5 to 10 mph; rain yesterday.
12 species

Turkey Vulture 10 7 sitting on gravel road of 600N, in a spot where I have found them apparently resting before
Sedge Wren 1 singing (unseen) in the tallgrass prairie vegetation (big bluestem etc) at junction of 550W, 600N, east side of road - a traditional spot. This was my first check this season within a normal time frame for the species. A small population usually calls territorially through August, presumably nesting; and some linger until Oct.
Carolina Wren 1
Common Yellowthroat 7 tireless singers
Henslow's Sparrow 3
Field Sparrow 2