Date: 7/24/17 6:52 am
From: Angela Dimmitt via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Late nesting Bluebirds
A family of 4 bluebirds has returned to my garden, young still asking to be fed - now to my slight dismay in this heat, there are 4 eggs in the box used in June. I've lost nestlings to heat before - what have other people experienced this late, or is this possibly 3rd laying normal? The first eggs in May were duds, second lot fledged 3 or 4 - don't know of course if this is the same family.
Angela Dimmitt
New Milford