Date: 7/23/17 6:23 pm
From: Bob Archer <rabican1...>
Subject: [obol] Opinions on distant godwits
Out near the east bank of the Skipanon River in Clatsop County, I spied
these three birds WAY out on the mud flats, miss judged the tides by about
an hour today. When first spotted I assumed Whimbrel but through my 10
power bins, they did not seem right more godwitish, so I used my zoom lens
and got a few pics. You need to be able to crop way in to pick up any
color, but I THOUGHT i was seeing white on rump area with my bins, When I
crop way in for some reason the photo gets small, hope you can see my
cropped pic of left bird.

Let me know when you have figured these three out :)

Two Willets were on the ocean beach near the wreck.

I sent this by mistake to obol-owner, you can ignore that attempt.

Bob Archer
PDX

Join us on Facebook!