Date: 7/23/17 1:12 pm
From: Dan Murphy <murphsf...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Parakeet Auklet present
  The Parakeet Auklet apparently flew some time right after 11, but returned around 11:25.  It was clearly seen by about a dozen birders between then and when I left at about 12;10.  The bird moved from the water to the shoreline rock covered with whitewash on top.  It stayed on a brown ledge below the top for a while, then wandered to the top where it was when I left.  The rock east of the Mile Rock observation deck.  Walk past the overlook to a point near the shrubs that are growing over the cable and look down.  The bird was right there.  Very cool, bring a friend.
Dan Murphy

Join us on Facebook!