Date: 7/23/17 4:18 am
From: Ron <waxwing...>
Subject: Re: Hummers abound!
It must be a good year for them. We have five feeders that are emptied every three days (just in time for cleaning). We haven’t gone through this much sugar water in the 13 years we’ve been at this place.

Ron Clark
next to Crowder’s Mtn. State Park
Kings Mtn. NC

Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 12:33 AM
To: carolinabirds
Subject: Hummers abound!

Increasing activity in the past few weeks reached a frenzy today. For more than three hours today I had 6 hummers bickering at the same time over just one feeder near a mister. Two adult males and three hatch year males and one female.

Heaven only knows how many more were in the other areas of the yard ( also with misters) but it was quite a non-stop show on the back deck!

--

Ann Maddock <am.hummingbird.photos...> Hatteras Island, NC

Join us on Facebook!