Date: 7/22/17 5:53 pm
From: L Markoff <canyoneagle...>
Subject: [obol] Ash-throated Flycatcher among the ashes
On my trek to Lake County a month ago I took a photo from an overlook on
Route 31, north of Summer Lake. A wildfire broke out on July 8, and by the
time I was there on July 16, much of that area had been burned. Looking at
the photos you will see the "before" photo that I took last month. Then you
can compare it with the recent photos that show the burn.

Seeing the newly-burned landscape was pretty sobering. As I scanned the
scene I could hear several birds, including an Ash-throated Flycatcher that
was doing the policeman's whistle call. I was surprised that the birds were
there so soon after the fire. I was glad for their company because it
reminded me that nature doesn't sleep, it is always on the move.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/canyoneagle/D8uH4A

Lori Markoff

Eugene (South Hills)

Join us on Facebook!