Date: 7/22/17 5:41 pm
From: Keenan Yakola <kyakola...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Seal Island NWR - Yellow-crowned Night-heron & Red-billed Tropicbird
Hi all,

This evening as we are settling in after dusk we observed a Yellow-crowned
Night-heron being harassed by the nesting terns on the island. This is the
third year in a row that this species has been observed on the island!
Certainly continue this species trend of northward dispersal. In addition
the Tropicbird has been seen fairly regularly barring good weather.

In addition, I would like to mention some new eBird hotspots that were
added for boat trips from Vinalhaven or Stonington. Fittingly this new
hotspots are called Vinalhaven-Seal Island Trip and Stonington-Seal Island
Trip. I encourage you to this these hotspots to minimize species that are
not seen in the immediate vicinity of the island.

All the best,

Keenan Yakola