Date: 7/22/17 3:11 pm
From: Kenneth J. Brock <kj.brock...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Lakefront (22-July-2017) Willets
Today (22-July-2017) Lynea Hinchman, Randy Pals, Lynn Vernon, and I birded the Indiana lakefront.

The day’s target was large shorebirds and we logged two Willets on the Michigan City Harbor outer breakwater. Otherwise, the highlights included good Sanderling and Willow Flycatcher numbers.

—MICHIGAN CITY HARBOR (AM & PM visits- with Jeff McCoy & Ryan Sanderson in PM)
Double-crested Cormorant,8
Great Blue Heron,1
Willet,2 adults- one with injured leg
Spotted Sandpiper,1
Sanderling,30 adults
Semipalmated Sandpiper,1
Ring-billed Gull,150
Herring Gull,5
Caspian Tern,21- 17 adults & 4 juvs
Bank Swallow,10
Barn Swallow,20

—BEVERLY SHORES EAST (along Beverly Dr.)
Wood Duck,20
American Black Duck,1 reported by Jeff McCoy
Great Blue Heron,11
Great Egret,23
Mourning Dove,2
Pileated Woodpecker,1
Eastern Wood-Pewee,3
Willow Flycatcher,1 whit call
Marsh Wren,1 singing
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher,1
Wood Thrush,2 singing
Gray Catbird,6
Common Yellowthroat,4 singing
Eastern Towhee,1
Song Sparrow,8
Swamp Sparrow,5

—BEVERLY SHORES CENTRAL (along Beverly Dr.)
Wood Duck,7
Great Blue Heron,5
Great Egret,2
Sandhill Crane,3
Mourning Dove,1
Pileated Woodpecker,1
Eastern Wood-Pewee,1
Willow Flycatcher,7 singing
Eastern Kingbird,1
Marsh Wren,2 singing
Eastern Bluebird,2
Gray Catbird,1
Yellow Warbler,2 visual
Common Yellowthroat,7 singing
Song Sparrow,9
Swamp Sparrow,3
Indigo Bunting,1

—BEVERLY SHORES WEST (along Beverly Dr.)
Wood Duck,5
Great Blue Heron,4
Red-headed Woodpecker,2 adults
Willow Flycatcher,4 singing
House Wren,1 singing
Gray Catbird,1
Yellow Warbler,1 singing
Common Yellowthroat,4 singing
Song Sparrow,5
Swamp Sparrow,7

—MILLER BEACH (Lakewatch from 8:00-11:00 AM- we joined Annie Aguirre, Matt Beatty, Jeff McCoy, Ryan Sanderson, Kristin Stratton, Michael Topp, and Tanner Troyer.
Double-crested Cormorant,2500
Great Blue Heron,5
Great Egret,7
Turkey Vulture,11