Date: 7/22/17 1:37 pm
From: Christopher Hill <Chill...>
Subject: Re: American Redstrart
Does not seem too early at all for post-breeding wandering/start of migration. If your nest fails July 14, it’s too late to try again, so might as well start drifting south.

C Hill
Conway, SC
On Jul 22, 2017, at 9:02 AM, John Connors <carolinabirds...><mailto:<carolinabirds...>> wrote:

Hi Brian. American Redstarts breed across NC...common in the mountains but also fairly common to uncommon in the piedmont and coastal plain especially in river bottom forests. I once found a nest along Crabtree Creek in Raleigh, but I believe they are quite rare as a nesting bird in Wake County.
John Connors in Raleigh

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 7:36 AM, Brian Pendergraft <carolinabirds...><mailto:<carolinabirds...>> wrote:
Now somebody is going to have to explain this one. I'm looking at an AMERICAN REDSTART (yellow one) 20 feet from me in my magnolia tree. I've never had one here in July. Seems REALLY EARLY to me. Local bird this summer?

Brian Pendergraft
Falls Lake NC

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!