Date: 7/20/17 2:54 pm
From: Bruce Bartrug <bbartrug...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Female turkey with two broods of different age
We have more than one female turkey that occasionally parades her brood
through our yard, but recently I've noticed a female that has two
different-sized chicks in tow. Off the top of my head I can't imagine a
female incubating a second clutch of eggs when she has young chicks to take
care of. So I'm wondering if this female has "adopted" chicks of another
who was predated. Anyone have any experience here?

Thanks,
BAB

--
Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA

because of those who look on and do nothing. - Albert Einstein
of our friends. -Martin Luther King