Date: 7/19/17 9:23 am
From: <kschnei1...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Farallon Islands pelagic trips and use of eBird hotspots
Hi all,

While we are very fortunate to have the Farallon Islands to visit on local pelagic trips, the presence of a dedicated Point Blue staff on the island complicates the process of submitting eBird checklists for this area.

Birders on a recent pelagic trip, which I believe was on an Oceanic Society boat, submitted their checklists from "Southeast Farallon Island (SF Co.)" - this hotspot is reserved for island staff and reviewed by separate experts - please do NOT use this hotspot. Pelagic trip leaders and observers visiting the island on boats should use the "Farallon Islands pelagic (SF Co.)" instead. Please change the location of your checklist if you have already submitted one, and please use the pelagic hotspot for future trips. Sorry about this somewhat confusing situation. Let me know if you have any questions and please feel free to cross-post to other listservs.

Thanks!

Ken Schneider
Noe Valley

Join us on Facebook!