Date: 7/17/17 11:42 pm
From: <flix...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Presidio: African Collared-Dove
At the end of today I birded in the Presidio along the Coastal Bluffs Trail and ended at Fort Scott. The most unusual and striking siting was at the end of my walk where I spotted a very pale whitish gray dove. Upon closer look the bird had a broken black band on the back of its neck and a squarish tale but it was much paler than an Eurasian Collared-Dove. Tonight I looked at photographs on-line and the bird that I spotted most closely matched that of an African Collared-Dove. If this is so this is my first sighting of this species and I would like for another birder who frequents the Presidio to confirm or correct my sighting. Thanks.

Good Birding,

Felix Rigau

Join us on Facebook!