Date: 7/17/17 12:32 pm
From: <hondochica...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Nest ID . . .
Greetings

I am wondering if anyone can help ID who may have built this nest. I am totally perplexed! It was found at 9200' elevation, under a Doug fir, near a small pond/willow riparian area. It was clearly built as a platform on 1+branches abutting the trunk. It is 13" wide at the base; about 7" high and the 'cup' hole is 2-3" wide.

I tried to create an 'album' for the photos section but unsuccessful. So I'll try 1 photo here

The nest is composed primarily of grass, with moss, bark strips, feathers and 'lint'.

thanks
Kelly

Join us on Facebook!