Date: 7/17/17 8:48 am
From: <coloradobirder...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Longspurs and More ["Weld County"/Larimer]
Hi all

I led a fantastic Saturday trip to (Weld County-annexed) Chalk Bluffs Road (by far easiest place in "Weld County" to view both longspurs) ... :-) ... we saw both adults and immatures (probably underestimated, too):
McCown's Longspur - Three dozen+. At one point we had group of a dozen sitting together on fence line Chestnut-collared Longspur - Two dozen+ with some small groups Loads of Grasshopper Sparrow, Horned Lark, Western Meadowlark, and Lark Bunting, of course Photos: http://coloradobirder.club/m/photos/browse/album/Chalk-Bluffs-Road-07-15-2017/

Chalk Bluffs Road if you haven't been there has some exquisite taller grasses and a plethora of longspurs.

Other bird sightings over weekend (Sunday and Monday):

Sunday

Baird's Sandpiper - 12+ [Woods Lake, Severance, Weld] Snowy Egret - 11 [Woods Lake, Severance, Weld] Spotted Sandpiper [Woods Lake, Severance, Weld] Franklin's Gull - 1,500+ [Loloff Reservoir, Kersey, Weld] Forster's Tern [Woods lake, Severance, Weld] Monday
White-faced Ibis - 7 [Larimer CR 9, Wellington, Larimer] Thanks, Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://coloradobirder.club/

Join us on Facebook!