Date: 7/17/17 3:58 am
From: Harvey Tomlinson <oddbirdsin...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Brig
Hi Jersey Birders,
Did a once around the wild life drive Sunday with Ted Young and was
slightly disappointed with the lack of birds.
One can never be totally disappointed with Brig as it's such a Gem.
The large number of hendersoni Short-billed Dowitchers are gone as are the
Stilt Sandpipers, and White-rumped.
Gone meaning we didn't see any. It was low tide so a goodly number of the
birds may have been out in the marsh.
I think this was the first trip around Brig that I didn't see a
White-rumped since Spring.
The numbers of Gull-billed terns is down. They must have moved off to
Whites Bog already.
We did have Western, Pectoral and Whimbrel.
Lesser Yellow legs outnumbered Greater 3-1.
And the bugs seemed particulaly fiesty .
When they start climbing up your pant legs you know their "focused".
And speaking of bugs, for all you Butterflyers, the Knapweed and Dogbane
are in bloom and the Salt Marsh Skippers number in the hundreds.
Monarchs were also putting on a good show
The season has just begun so grab your favorite bug spray and take a spin
around.
Good Birding,
Harvey Tomlinson
Del Haven