Date: 7/16/17 10:45 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Bird call help, Lake County
Lori,

I think this is MacGillivray’s. It is relatively low pitch, especially the emphatic ending, which is typical. They have many variations, but they are always emphatic.

Larry

On Jul 16, 2017, at 8:43 PM, L Markoff <canyoneagle...><mailto:<canyoneagle...>> wrote:

Hi Obol,

While birding County Highway 2-22 (Bullard Canyon Rd.) in Lakeview, Lake County, I came across a bird call that stumped me. The bird stayed low in a shrub the whole time. It was a rolling call with two end notes, repeated over and over. The “voice” reminded me of a Yellow-rumped Warbler. Even though I don’t think of YR Warblers as staying low, it occurred to me it might be a youngster who didn’t know any better. And, he is now independent and practicing his singing lessons.

If it isn’t a Yellow-rumped Warbler, I would very much like to know what it is.

You can listen here:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/canyoneagle/D14095

Thanks,

Lori Markoff