Date: 7/16/17 10:44 pm
From: David Starrett <StarrettDA...>
Subject: Re: Reporting accurately on eBird
Brad,

Thank you for responding. Yes, we have birded together a couple of times, last year at Bradford farms we got some lifers with you. You also gave a good tip on finding both wills. With my dad's sightings, I had them in excel and formatted them for upload. All went in as historical. I uploaded for two reasons. One was to document his sightings and have an ongoing place for his life list. Second was contributing hsi 60 years of sightings to scientific knowledge. The first one is completely met, as you say, the unverified signings still count on his list. The latter was met as well, though I do think eBird is missing out by being selective about the data being contributed.

I would note that none of the flags came from any Missouri data, most of it was international sightings with a few US like the Florida Scrub Jay I illustrated my point with.

Dave

David Starrett
Columbia, MO