Date: 7/16/17 9:12 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Bird call help, Lake County
Could this be a Chestnut-sided Warbler? "pleased, pleased, pleased t' meet
ya"
Or a MacGillivrays? 3 high, 2 low "sweeter, sweeter, sweeter, sugar, sugar"

MacGillivrays is more of a skulker in low brush.

Paul Sullivan

----------------------
Subject: Bird call help, Lake County
Date: Sun Jul 16 2017 22:44 pm
From: canyoneagle AT comcast.net

Hi Obol,

While birding County Highway 2-22 (Bullard Canyon Rd.) in Lakeview, Lake
County, I came across a bird call that stumped me. The bird stayed low in a
shrub the whole time. It was a rolling call with two end notes, repeated
over and over. The voice reminded me of a Yellow-rumped Warbler. Even though
I don™t think of YR Warblers as staying low, it occurred to me it might be a
youngster who didn™t know any better. And, he is now independent and
practicing his singing lessons.

If it isn™t a Yellow-rumped Warbler, I would very much like to know what it
is.

You can listen here:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/cany...

Thanks,