Date: 7/16/17 8:51 pm
From: Alan Barron <flockfinder...> [nwcalbird] <nwcalbird-noreply...>
Subject: [nwcalbird] On The Del Norte Co. WOOD STORK:

Per today's report of a Wood Stork, immediately after learning about it I spent 1pm - 8pm searching the area and was joined by Steve Stump later in the day, but we could not find the bird. Near Fort Dick in the Smith River bottoms, this was the area along Tolowa Slough about 1/5 a mile west of Lower Lake Road and between Silva Road on the north end and Moseley Road at the south end. And yes this would be a first county record but there is a record in adjacent Siskiyou County. The photo looks good but like Ken Burton I do not see how the local crew would have missed this bird for the claimed 4 weeks present. We'll keep trying. -Alan D. Barron