Date: 7/16/17 8:49 pm
From: John Thomas <johnpam...>
Subject: [obol] Clark's Grebes at Yachats
Saw three (3) Clark's Grebes around a large Scoter flock at Yachats State Recreation Area yesterday and this morning. One bird seemed to enjoy being in the middle of the flock both days while the others were off a bit. Other sightings: six Peeps and one Greater Yellowlegs at Beaver Creek today. First pond to left along road. A family of Belted Kingfishers active in this pond very entertaining to watch. One Peregrine Falcon at Yaquina Head Visitor Center at 11 AM. Thought was one of the young ones because in the nest eating and I didn't think the adults would be back in the nest at this point. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) We looked last Thursday-no Peregrines at the Visitor Center in mid-day.

Good Birding In Mid-Summer~ John Thomas (Silverton/Mt Angel)

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!