Date: 7/16/17 8:44 pm
From: L Markoff <canyoneagle...>
Subject: [obol] Bird call help, Lake County
Hi Obol,

While birding County Highway 2-22 (Bullard Canyon Rd.) in Lakeview, Lake
County, I came across a bird call that stumped me. The bird stayed low in a
shrub the whole time. It was a rolling call with two end notes, repeated
over and over. The "voice" reminded me of a Yellow-rumped Warbler. Even
though I don't think of YR Warblers as staying low, it occurred to me it
might be a youngster who didn't know any better. And, he is now independent
and practicing his singing lessons.

If it isn't a Yellow-rumped Warbler, I would very much like to know what it
is.

You can listen here:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/canyoneagle/D14095

Thanks,