Date: 7/16/17 5:07 pm
From: Zachary Millen <zjmillen...>
Subject: Re: Roseate Spoonbill, Conejohela Flats, Lancaster County
All,

Despite long hours of observation today, the spoonbill was only reported by
two observers in flight at 5:44am while coming from roost, and at 10am from
a location on the York bank of the Susquehanna, looking at the river side
of the flats from a good distance. At least one birder covered the flats
for 4 hours by kayak, and coverage from shore at either the Blue Rock Rd
boat launch or Washington Boro Park was constant all day. It was seen 5-6
times in flight from shore throughout the day yesterday, but only the one
time today before 6am. Numerous non-birders in kayaks were told to report
back if a large, pink bird was seen. I personally believe the bird is no
longer present at this location, but I would love to be proven wrong!

Zach Millen

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 8:22 AM, Dave Kerr <Dsktc...> wrote:

> Andy and I saw it on the roost NW of Washington Boro Park.
> After stretching its wings a few times, it flew off at 0544.
>
> We have not seen it since. I am currently at the Blue Rock Boat Launch.
>

> Dave Kerr
> Carlisle

Join us on Facebook!