Date: 7/16/17 2:09 pm
From: <allaboutbirds...> [nwcalbird] <nwcalbird-noreply...>
Subject: [nwcalbird] WOOD STORK at Tolowa Dunes in Del Norte County
Keep in mind I'm in Connecticut as I'm writing this, so I literally can do nothing more than spread the word. I got a call from my friend Ethan Bonnin followed by a text with a photo with none other than an apparent WOOD STORK perched atop a tall spruce tree! I attached a photo. These were the coordinates to where he saw the bird: 41.887777,-124.186835. These were the only details I received since he was in the middle of doing Roosevelt Elk surveys when he made this sighting. His coworker said that the bird has apparently been in the area for the past 4 weeks now. Crazy bird and crazy record, northernmost record in CA on eBird, is this a first county record?

Good (or even Great) Birding,
C├ędric Duhalde

Join us on Facebook!